Thursday, February 6, 2014

to EcoVillage Sieben Linden

This is the highlight of my trip... after two weeks in Europe, and one very intense Winter School at the Austrian University of Applied Sciences (FHS), I am looking forward to shifting to a more holistic + centered community of Sieben Linden in northeastern Germany.

I hope to have a deeper understanding and connection with this community which is a bit different from Twin Oaks.  They have a definitive facility, energy + infrastructure program (my specialty) that focuses on long-term stability, and I enjoy discussing various aspects of grid connections, biomass gasification ++  

Last year when I left Sieben Linden after 8 days, the whole outside world felt cold, stressed and hostile.  It feels a little bit like this now - and more so, as my heart is already starting to embrace the serene-ness and comfortable togetherness that Sieben Linden has for me.  This year I went thru Salzwedel - the castle here was first mentioned somewhere around 1200 - and a 10km walk this morning found me in the old city and the castle ruins.... too many cars for me, but the quaintness of the tight old buildings of a bygone era... wonderful!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you will find some information and how a couple hundred people have figured out how to live together without raising their voices and in taking care of each other:  Three types of meetings at Sieben Linden...

This overview and weeklong intensive seminar is a prerequisite for another 2 week seminar which is the prerequisite for beginning a potential trial period of living at the ecoVillage.






this is the overview


No comments:

Post a Comment