Thursday, February 20, 2014

onwards + concluding...

The highlight of my European adventures in 2014 were definitely the in-depth and community living at Sieben Linden.  We'll see how my meeting with Joerg Schauberger goes (Viktor Schauberger's grandson) later next week - but I have minimal expectations.



the hustle and bustle of european life is a bit much for me - more this year than most.  The body space, the assertion/aggression, hurriedness, jarring traffic + noises... how do europeans cope with this every single day? Their secret I think is that underneath all that hurriedness is a genuine social caring for each other, that is strangely missing in the USA.  There's a togetherness amidst the chaotic frenzy.   ahhh... color me country boy... forest retreat, Sierra mountain high driven...
------------------------------ It doesn't help that I am changing hotels/rooms almost every other day and jumping on another hi-speed train to somewhere.  I tried to give myself a relaxing vacation, but did not succeed.  Instead i find myself constantly coughing and wheezing from a lingering infection.  The stress, second-hand smoking, lack of fresh indoor air, and stuffy restaurants along with foreign foods doesn't bode well for a recovery any time soon. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes!  It's really not that depressing... i am just in limbo with this head cold and can't seem to perk up!  i need my coffee fix in the morning, which I only got at one hotel in munich, and the occasional starbucks when i can find it.  The rest of the coffee in europe is not my 'cup of tea'... either too strong, too little, too artificial, or just simply - not.






No comments:

Post a Comment