Sunday, February 18, 2018

onwards through Deutschland...

from Cologne to Stuttgart to Munich to Merano... german train city… ahhh the pleasures of efficiency and prompted.  i like to take my time at train stations and
enjoy the myriad of people and cultures rushing around... it's grand central station (NYC style) at each major stop.
Yesterday's ride from Cologne to Stuttgart was uneventful... the same ole pushy crowds railing for the first empty (non-reserved) seats and then proceeding to eat all variety of foods and drinks bought at the train station.  I treated myself to a 'bratwurst & broetchen'  a german staple from my childhood 
that used to have me drooling before the plane took off at SFO.  Now it's just a disgusting taste-bud memory exercise that I find a bit disgusting after the initial aromatherapy is done. 

It snowed in Stuttgart last night only about 2" but it was cold and wet and busy... easily found my friend's house and very welcoming reception and delicious dinner and conversation.
Had a wonderful cafe and kuchen (cake) today with weisswurst and a bit of fresh air and relaxation... tomorrow onwards to Munich with a 3 hour transfer stop to enjoy the Altstadt (Old town) and then the incredible gorgeous train ride through half of austria (the Alps section) and the norther Italian dolomites.  I've been on
the train dozens of times of the last two decades+  and consider it to be one of the best train rides in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment