Saturday, March 8, 2014

post european thoughtings...

After a few days back in the USSSSA... my whole perceptions are without comparison or judgment this time around.  I found the Bay Area 'hecticness' to be calm for me after the big cities of Europe.  I found supermarket checkout lines to be friendly and easygoing - one can actually converse with the cashier about 'life' outside the supermarket.  I found breathing deeply in city air was OK - I wasn't going to be second hand smoking on every other step.

On the other side, I did find the commercialization and advertising here to be WAY over the top - i feel inundated by every single media and visual stimuli to BUY SOMETHING.   I feel like recoiling into my own closed space of selected podcasts and downloaded video/movie rather than the commercial variety.

Everything feels bigger and roomier. Even the people  (as the DDR movie 'Friendship' said) are bigger and juicier.

Ok, did I really think I wasn't going to pass judgement?  nahhhh.... these are just mere observations... rriiiigghhhttt !

No comments:

Post a Comment