Saturday, December 27, 2014

2015 euro + camino trip

I'm starting this blog to cover my adventures in Europe 2015 including the Camino de Santiago trail...

starting this blog a bit early....to learn how to do this on my tablet and get in the habit of writing... I may switch over to word press as I am slowly evolving away from google big brother...

---------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I went outside to get the newspaper...5°F with -15°F wind chill...ahhh this is why I moved to California 40 years ago...  So I am in Salt Lake City right now on my annual holiday visit with college + friends...25+ years and going strong.

Two notable  things:
1) Driving over here, on 395 outside of Reno, there was a White tailed hawk chewin' down on some roadkill in the center median while trucks + cars were whizzing by at 65mph...i could see the stout bird of prey swing to the opposing wind shears, never missing a bite!  I thought about swinging around and catching a video of this...but I think it would've endangered other vehicles and the hawk... There's the evidence that animals can adapt better to humans than vice versa...

2) We've all enjoyed lower gas prices: it's $1.92 for a low here...Oklahoma has it at $1.84.   A few months ago the state of Utah raised speed limits on freeways.  Freeway speeds are 80mph outside the city and 70mph inside.
I could blog about Utah unique politics and LDS stuff...but that's so boring...
After the big New years dinner, I'm driving to Lost Valley in Oregon for a board of directors meeting...and fun with friends in Mt. Shasta.
Then home and prep for Europe and the Camino+++.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment